The Staff Selection Commission conducts various examinations and interviews for the recruitment of various public sector posts like Lower Division Clerk, Grade C, and Grade D Stenographer, Assistants in various ministries/ departments. Stenographer is one such post conducted by SSC for filling in numerous Stenographer vacancies in various government departments.
If you are 12th standard passed out having stenography skills then here is a chance to apply for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019-20. Aspirants willing to apply for SSC Stenographer Grade C and Stenographer Grade D can fill their form only through online mode.
- According to the recent announcement, SSC is said to release the SSC Stenographer Notification on September 20, 2019.
- As Stenographer post is high in demand due to high paid SSC Stenographer Salary and Job Profile. There is a lot of career growth options for candidates who chose to work as Stenographers.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||SSC Stenographer 2019|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Vacancy||Yet to be declared|
|Recruitment Process||Online Exam & Skill Test|
|Online Application Start Date||September 20, 2019|
|Online Application End Date||October 18, 2019|
SSC Stenographer Notification 2019-20
SSC has released the official SSC Stenographer Notification for the year 2019-20 on September 20, 2019. Candidates willing to apply for SSC Steno Recruitment 2019 can go through the Official notification PDF here.
Candidates must make sure to go through the SSC Stenographer 2019 Notification carefully in order to be aware of all the minute details regarding the recruitment process.
SSC Stenographer Exam Dates 2019
Here is a list of events in regards to the Examination. Know the SSC Stenographer Exam Dates of all the important events and plan your preparation.
|Official Notification Release Date||September 20, 2019|
|Online Application Start Date||September 20, 2019|
|Online Application Last Date||19th October 2019|
|Last Date to make payment||20th October 2019|
|SSC Stenographer Exam Date||5th May to 7th May 2020|
SSC Stenographer Vacancy 2019
The SSC Stenographer Official Notification states that the Vacancy details will be released shortly. However, based on the previous year vacancies released, here is the tentative SSC Stenographer Vacancy List for the year 2019-20.
- Last year SSC had released a total of 1705 Stenographer vacancies
- For Grade 'D' a total of 1276 vacancies was announced.
- For Grade 'C,' the total number of vacancies announced was 429.
|Post Name||Vacancy (Tentative)|
|Stenographer Grade 'D'||1300|
|Stenographer Grade 'C'||500|
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates willing to apply for Stenographer post must go through the detailed SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria before proceeding with the application form.
Here are the eligibility criteria listed out that has to be followed by each candidate who is applying for Stenographer C or D post
Age Limit for Stenographer Group C and D
|Post||Age Limit (Maximum/ Minimum)||Age in Years|
|Stenographer Group C||Maximum Age Limit||18|
|Minimum Age Limit||30|
|Stenographer Group D||Maximum Age Limit||18|
|Minimum Age Limit||27|
Educational Qualification for Stenographer Group C and D
- The minimum educational qualification required by a candidate to apply for Stenographer C or D is he/she must have at least passed 12th from a recognized Board/University.
- Candidate must provide all the required documents after the Exam.
SSC Stenographer Selection Process 2019
Candidates are offered an appointment for their desired post after clearing all the stages of SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 successfully. The SSC Stenographer Selection Process involves three stages that are listed below.
- Computer-Based Online Exam
- Skill Test
- Document Verification
Candidates can get detailed information about each stage in the exam pattern section.
SSC Stenographer Application Form 2019
After satisfying the eligibility criteria set by the examination conducting authority, candidates can proceed with the application process and fill their SSC Stenographer Application Form before October 15, 2019. Here are simple steps listed for candidates to fill the form correctly. Follow the instructions and fill the form correctly.
The Application process for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019 involves two stages i.e, One Time Registration and Filling up Online Application.
One Time Registration
- Click on the above link or visit the official website ssc.nic.in.
- On the homepage, click on the link "Register Now" available in the login section.
- Enter your basic details, contact details, password, and click on Submit.
- After submitting the details you log in to your account and continue with the application process.
Filling up Online Application
- Click on the link "Apply" present on the homepage.
- Now select the link "Steno C and D" category
- Click on the active link to proceed with the application process.
- Login to your account using your login credentials obtained after One Time Registration.
- Fill your application form correctly and upload necessary scanned documents required for the application process.
- Pay the prescribed fee to complete the application process.
Here is the application fee that has to be paid by candidates who are willing to apply for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019.
|General and OBC||Rs 100/-|
|SC/ST/PWD/Ex-servicemen Female||No Fee|
SSC Stenographer Notification 2019-20: Salary and Job Profile
Here is a glimpse of Stenographer Salary and Job Profile for Grade C and D separately. Take a look at the description and know about the salary structure.
Stenographer Salary Structure for Grade C and D
|Category||Grade C||Grade D|
- Apart from the fixed salary, Stenographers are entitled to various other benefits and allowances like- House Rent Allowance (HRA), Dearness Allowance (DA), Transport Allowance
Stenographer Job Profile Both Grade C and D Stenographer perform various jobs and here is the list of work done by the Stenographers.
- Writing/transcribing speeches
- Providing assistance to the Minister or Officer they are working for
- Helping in public relations
- Press conference briefings.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2019
Stenographer Group C and D are conducted in two levels: Computer Based Exam and Skill Test. Here is the glimpse of the SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern for both the stages. Go through the paper pattern and plan your preparation accordingly.
Stenographer Online Exam Pattern
|Section Asked||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|General Awareness||50||50||2 Hours|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
- The Stenographer Computer Exam for Group C and D includes Objective type questions i.e., Multiple Choice Questions.
- The Questions for Reasoning section will appear in both Hindi and English.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- For the final merit list, marks scored by candidates in the Computer Based Examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized using SSC Normalization Process.
Skill Test Pattern
- Candidates qualifying the Computer-based exam will be called for Skill Test in Stenography.
- Candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English/ Hindi at the speed of 100 words per minute (w.p.m) for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’.
- Candidates qualifying the Skill Test successfully will be later called for Documentation Verification.
The Transcription Time is as follows
|Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration (in minutes)||Time Duration (in minutes) for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe in the CBE (Para-7)|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50||70|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||Hindi||65||90|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40||55|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||Hindi||55||75|
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2019
For any preparation to be successful, candidates will be thorough with the latest SSC Stenographer Syllabus. Check out the syllabus for Stage 1 of SSC Stenographer Recruitment process.
|General Awareness||English Language and Comprehension||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|Current Affairs||Synonyms-Antonyms||Visual Memory|
|Awards and Honours||Sentence Structure||Blood Relation|
|Scientific Research||Reading Comprehension||Syllogism|
|History||Para Jumbles||Decision making|
SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips 2019
Enhance your preparation for the Stenographer Online exam by going through detailed preparation tips. To ease out your preparation we have provided a glimpse of how to prepare for the exam here. However, you can go through the detailed SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips 2019 to know more strategies.
- Firstly, make a study plan as per your convenience.
- List out the subjects in which you are weak and strong separately.
- Allow more time for studying the topics in which you are weak.
- Follow the study plan and complete the topics one by one without fail.
- Take up mock tests regularly to analyze your preparation.
- Make a habit to read newspapers regularly so that you will be aware of all the events happening across the globe.
- Solve previous year question papers to know which type of questions can appear in the exam.
SSC Stenographer Notification 2019-20: Admit Card
The Staff Selection Commission will be releasing the SSC Stenographer Admit Card for candidates who have correctly filled their application form.
- Candidates appearing for the SSC Stenographer Exam must carry the Stenographer Hall Ticket compulsory to the examination hall without fail.
- It is a mandatory document required to be carried on the examination day else candidates will not be allowed to take up the exam.
- We will provide the direct link to download the Call Letter for the exam when the board releases the call letter on their official website.
SSC Stenographer Notification 2019-20: Answer Key
After completion of Stenographer Group C or D Exam, it is common that all candidates are eagerly waiting to check their answers. The examination conducting authority releases the SSC Stenographer Answer Key for candidates to check their answers.
- The board releases the official answer key in a PDF format on their official website.
- Candidates who had appeared for the exam can check their answers by going through the Stenographer Solution PDF.
SSC Stenographer Exam Analysis 2019
As the Stenographer exam is conducted in three shifts, candidates will be waiting to know the questions that appeared in each shift. So, it is important for each candidate to check SSC Stenographer Exam Analysis for each shift separately.
- We will provide an instant review of the exam on each day for all shifts.
- After completion of each shift, candidates can check the feedback about the exam and know the difficulty level of the exam here.
- This helps in knowing which questions have appeared in the exam and improve in those areas.
SSC Stenographer Result 2019
After 4-5 weeks of Stenographer Group C and D exam, SSC will be releasing SSC Stenographer Result for both the groups separately.
- SSC will be releasing the result for each stage of exam separately.
- Candidates successfully clearing both the stages will be eligible for Document Verification and receiving an appointment.
SSC Stenographer Cut Off 2019
The examination Conducting authority decides a cut off mark which filters candidates for the next stage of the exam. Candidates must qualify the SSC Stenographer Cut Off in order to get selected for the next stage of the exam.
- The Cut Off marks depend on various factors like the number of vacancies, number of applicants, and difficulty level of the exam.
- As the current cut off is not yet released, here is the expected cut off marks.
- Know the cutoff marks and plan preparation accordingly so that candidates will be able to score more than the cut off marks.
SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C' Expected Cut Off 2019 CBT
SSC Stenographer Grade ‘D' Expected Cut Off 2019 CBT