India on Saturday recorded a population of 127,42,39,769, which is growing at a rate of 1.6 per cent a year, and could make the country the most populous in the world by 2050. At 5pm on Saturday,
Some interesting facts:-
1. Muslim population grows 24%, slower than previous decade
2. By 2050, India to surpass Indonesia, will have largest Muslim population
3. World Population Day (11 July) — concerns on fertility rate replaced by declining sex ratio
4. The world population was only 1 billion in 1804.
5. It is said that there were more number of mobile phones on Earth than the number of people in 2011.