In April 2016 National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) collaborated with German government for a special programme on 'Soil Protection and Rehabilitation for Food Security'.
• This is part of the German government's special initiative 'One World, No Hunger' initiative.
• India is the only country in Asia to be part of this initiative.
• NABARD is anchoring two major programmes — soil conservation and rehabilitation of degraded land programme in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
• It is also conducting innovation of watershed development and climate change adaptation programmes in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan.
• Germany’s 'One World, No Hunger' focuses on food and nutrition security, promotion of innovation, protection and sustainable use of natural resources so as to create stable livelihood in rural areas and promotion of responsible land use and access to land.
• This initiate has been happily welcomed by many countries across the globe.