Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has announced the Recruitment of Specialist Officer posts in various Banks across the Country. IBPS SO Notification 2019 has been released on November 4, 2019. Candidates willing to apply for SO post can read the complete information below and fill their application forms.
- Based on the latest reports, IBPS SO Recruitment 2019 will include three stages: Prelims, Mains, and Interview from 2019.
- Candidates will be selected for respective posts based on the Cut Off Marks. The Cut Off marks are derived on the basis of marks scored in Mains Exam and Interview round.
- As per the IBPS SO Exam Dates, the Prelims examination is scheduled on December 28 & 29, 2019, and the Mains examination is scheduled on January 25, 2019.
- As there are various posts under Specialist Officer, go through the IBPS SO Official Notification 2020 carefully before applying.
- Candidates must ensure they fulfill the eligibility criteria completely and proceed to fill IBPS SO Application Form 2019.
IBPS SO Notification 2019 Highlights
||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
|Mode of Exam
||Online (Computer Based Exam)
|IBPS SO Prelims
||December 28 & 29, 2019
||January 25, 2019
||Graduation in specific stream depending on the post
IBPS SO Notification 2019
The Insititute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the Specialist Officer Notification on November 4, 2019, on their official website. Through IBPS SO 2019 Recruitment, candidates will be selected for the post of Specialist Officers in various Public Sector banks. Candidates can view or download the IBPS SO Notification 2019 PDF from the above link.
IBPS Notification 2019 for SO is an important document that gives complete information about the recruitment. Candidates willing to apply for Specialist Officer Post must go through the detailed IBPS SO Notification PDF thoroughly. The IBPS SO 2019 Notification PDF includes various information like how to fill the Application form, what is the eligibility required to apply, Salary details, Vacancy, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and exam related instructions.
IBPS SO Exam dates 2019
It is important for each candidate willing to apply for IBPS SO to be aware of all events and their corresponding dates. Take a look at the table below to know when is each event related to IBPS SO Recruitment is conducted.
|IBPS SO Notification Release Date
||November 4, 2019
|Starting Date to Fill Application Form
||November 6, 2019
|Last Date to Fill the Application Form
||November 26, 2019
|Download of IBPS SO Prelims Admit Card
||December 3rd week 2019
|Prelims Exam Date
||December 28 & 29, 2019
|IBPS SO Prelims Result
||January 1st week
|Download of IBPS SO Mains Call Letter
||January 3rd week 2020
|IBPS SO Mains Exam
||January 25, 2020
||February 1st week 2020
||February Last week 2020
|IBPS SO Final Result
||April 1, 2020
IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2019
Fulfilling the Eligibility Criteria is very important before a candidate is willing to apply for a post. Candidates willing to apply for IBPS SO Exam 2019, can go through the detailed eligibility criteria provided below and fill the application forms. In the Eligibility Criteria, there are three categories that each candidate needs to satisfy. These categories are: Nationality, Age Limit, and Educational Qualification.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India
- A resident of Bhutan or Nepal
- A refugee from Tibet, who have migrated and intends to stay in India permanently.
- People of Indian origin who have migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Myanmar and East African countries with the intention of settling in India permanently.
2. Age Limit
Candidates willing to apply must be aged between 20 and 30 years as on November 27, 2019. The age relaxation rules are as applicable based on the below table.
|An individual domiciled in J&K during the period January 1, 1980, and December 31, 1989
|Person affected by 1984 riots
3. Educational Qualification
|Name of the Post
|I.T. Officer (Scale I)
||Four years engineering/Technology degree in Computer Science/IT/Computer Application/Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electronics and Telecommunication/ Electronics and Instrumentation OR Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science/IT/Computer Application/Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electronics and Telecommunication/ Electronics and Instrumentation OR Graduates having passed DOEACC ‘B’ level exam
|Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I)
||4 years graduation degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Science/ Dairy Science/ Agricultural Engineering/ Fishery Science/ Pisciculture/ Agri Marketing and cooperation/ Co-Operation and Banking/ Agro-Forestry
|Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)
||Post Graduate in Hindi with English as a subject at the graduation or degree level OR Post-Graduate Degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as a subject at graduation level
|Law Office (Scale I)
||A bachelor’s degree in Law and enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council
|HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)
||Graduate and Full Time Post Graduate Degree or Full-time Diploma in Personnel Management/ Industrial Relation/ HR/ HRD/ Social Work/ Labour Law
|Marketing Officer (Scale I)
||Graduate and Full-Time MMS (Marketing)/ MBA (Marketing)/Full time PGDBA/ PGDBM with specialization in Marketing
IBPS SO Application Form 2019
Interested candidates must make sure they fulfill the eligibility criteria completely else they will not be able to proceed with the application process. Also, remember that IBPS SO Application Forms can be filled only through online mode. Follow the steps listed below to fill the form correctly.
Direct Link to Apply for IBPS SO 2019 Application Form
- Click on the above direct link to apply or visit the official website: ibps.in
- On the homepage, click on "Apply for Specialist Officer 2019"
- You will be redirected to a login page
- If you are a new user, then complete the registration process.
- Click on New Registration link on the top of the page
- Enter all the required details and click on submit
- You will receive the login credentials after submitting the details
- Login to the portal using these login credentials
- Fill the Application form with all necessary details asked.
- Upload required scanned documents correctly with specified sizes.
- Cross-check all the details before submitting them.
- Pay the application fee through online mode i.e., Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net Banking
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Candidates belonging to General and OBC category are required to pay Rs 600/- as application fee while candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD category are required to pay Rs 100/-.
IBPS SO Vacancy 2019
IBPS will be releasing the post wise vacancy details in the IBPS SO Notification PDF 2019. In the previous year IBPS SO 2018 Exam, IBPS had released 1590+ vacancies. This year, a similar number of IBPS SO Vacancies are expected to be released. To help all candidates get an idea about the vacancies, we have tabulated IBPS SO 2018-19 vacancies here. Once the notification is released, candidates can check the IBPS SO 2019 Vacancy list.
|Name of Post
||No. of Vacancies
|Agriculture Officer (Scale-I)
|Marketing Officer (Scale-I)
|IT Officer (Scale-I)
|Law Officer (Scale-I)
|HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I)
|Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale-I)
IBPS SO Recruitment 2019
The IBPS RRB Selection Process 2019 involves three stages. Candidates qualifying in all three stages will be eligible to receive an appointment for their desired post. The three stages of IBPS SO Recruitment involve
- Online Preliminary Exam
- Online Mains Exam
- Interview Process
IBPS SO Exam Pattern 2019
Paper Pattern for IBPS SO Preliminary exam for Law officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari
|General Awareness (Banking)
IBPS Preliminary Paper Pattern for IT Officer, HR Officer, Agricultural Officer, Marketing Officer.
IBPS SO Mains Exam Pattern Candidates who clear the IBPS SO Preliminary exam with necessary cut off marks will be eligible to write Mains exam. The mains exam will also be different for Law officer and Official Language Officer. IBPS SO Mains Exam Pattern for Official Language Officer /Rajbhasha Adhikari:
For the Post of Rajbhasha Adhikari
|Name of Test
||Number of Questions
||Medium of Exam
|Professional Knowledge (Objective)
||English and Hindi
|Professional Knowledge (Descriptive)
||English and Hindi
Interview Round Candidates who cleared the Mains exam will qualify for the interview.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2019
- Reasoning:Seating Arrangements Puzzles, Inequalities Syllogism, Input-Output, Data Sufficiency, Blood Relations, Order and Ranking Alphanumeric Series, Distance and Direction Verbal Reasoning.
- English:Cloze Test, Reading Comprehension, Spotting Errors, Sentence Improvement, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles, Fill in the Blanks, Para/Sentence Completion.
- Quantitative aptitude;Number Series, Data Interpretation, Simplification/ Approximation, Quadratic Equation, Data Sufficiency, Mensuration, Average, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Proportion Work, Time and Energy, Time and Distance, Probability, Relations, Simple and Compound Interest, Permutation and Combination.
- General Awareness:Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, GK Updates, Currencies, Important Places Books and Authors, Awards, Headquarters Prime Minister Schemes Important Days
- IT Officer (Scale I)Database Management System, Data Communication and Networking, Operating System, Software Engineering , Data Structure, Computer Organization and Microprocessor, Object Oriented Programming
- Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)Basics of Crop production, Horticulture, Seed Science, Agronomy and Irrigation, Agricultural Economies, Agricultural Practices, Soil resources, Animal Husbandry, Agroforestry, Ecology, Government Schemes
- Marketing Officer (Scale I) :Basics of Marketing Management, Brand Management, Advertising, PR, Sales, Retail, Business Ethics, Market Segmentation, Market research and forecasting demand, Product Life Cycle, Corporate Social Responsibility ,Service Marketing, Marketing Strategies
- Law Officer (Scale I) :Banking Regulations, Compliance and Legal Aspects, Relevant Law and Orders related to negotiable instruments, securities, foreign exchange, Prevention of Money laundering, Limitation Act, Consumer Protection Act, SARFAES, Banking Ombudsman Scheme, Laws and Actions with direct link to Banking Sector, Bankers Book Evidence Act, DRT Act
- HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I) :Human Resource Development, Business policy and strategic analysis, Transnational Analysis, Training and Development, Recruitment and Selection, Rewards and Recognition, Industrial Relations, Business Policy and Strategic Analysis, Grievance and Conflict Management, Performance Management and Appraisal
IBPS SO Admit Card 2019
Candidates filling the application forms correctly will receive the IBPS SO Admit Card through online mode. There will be separate Admit Cards issued for the Prelims and Mains exam. IBPS will be releasing the IBPS SO Admit Card a week or 10 days before the exam commences.
- IBPS SO Call Letter is a very important document to be carried to the exam center.
- Candidates without the IBPS SO Hall Ticket will not be allowed to take up the exam.
- It is suggested by exam authorities to download the IBPS SO 2019 Admit Card and take color print out so that the photograph is clearly visible.
IBPS SO Result 2019
As per the IBPS SO Exam dates, the results for Prelims and Mains will be released separately. Candidates qualifying the Prelims exam above cut off will be eligible for Mains and candidates qualifying Mains will be eligible for Interview.
- But for Final Merit List, IBPS considers the combined marks scored in Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
- Candidates qualifying all three stages will receive an appointment letter for their applied posts.
- Generally, IBPS SO Prelims Result will be released after 3 weeks of examination.
IBPS SO Cut Off 2019
After completion of each stage, IBPS will be releasing IBPS SO Cut off Marks 2019 to filter out candidates for the next stages. Candidates who score more than the cut off marks will be eligible for the next stages. The cut off marks are determined based on various factors like
- Number of vacancies
- Number of candidates appeared in the exam
- Difficulty level of the paper
To make you understand better, we have tabulated previous year cut off marks below. Take a look at the table and prepare accordingly so that you can score more.
|Agriculture Field Officer